Training as a furnace and chimney builder (m/f/d)
As a combustion and chimney builder, you are responsible for the construction of chimneys, industrial furnaces and combustion systems: from heat and fire protection to fireproof and heat-insulating materials through to the processing of concrete and reinforced concrete - with your specialist knowledge and craftsmanship you ensure that pollutants derived and combustion energy can be used more efficiently.
Why being a furnace and chimney fitter (m/f/d) is a brilliant job:
- growing importance and recognition for the craft
- visible achievements at the end of a productive day
- at the end of the day you see what you have achieved
- stoves and chimneys are built by hand - furnace and stove builders (m/f/d) are sought-after specialist personnel
- stable job even in turbulent times
- promising prospects on the job market
- Fitness effects without the need for a gym
- Team spirit and fun in craft projects
- exciting and varied tasks in the construction industry
Qualities you should have:
A head for heights and physical fitness are essential for the job as a furnace and chimney fitter (m/f/d). In addition, you should have a talent for mathematical and physical connections and work very carefully and carefully.
This is how the training is made up:
- Duration of training: 3 years
- Start of training: in individual coordination on August 1st or September 1st - individual start is also possible
- Midterm exam: in the middle of the second year of training, gives you orientation on your level of learning
- Final exam: at the end of the training there is a final / journeyman examination in theory and practice
- Professional school:
- in block lessons
- accessible by public transport via train and tram
- alternatively, accommodation will be provided
- Practical training:
- in the training center
- bus transfer service from accommodation to the training center
- practical training on site or on our construction sites
- ee take care of the accommodation (we organize it and cover the costs)
- We'll be happy to pay for a trainee ticket for you!
- You will be taken to the construction sites by colleagues.
As a furnace and chimney builder (m/f/d), you build chimneys, exhaust systems and fireproof structures for industrial or heating plants.
- Build: Your structures have to withstand extremely high temperatures. You build chimneys and chimneys from heat-resistant and thermally insulating materials - balancing on the roofs of factories, industrial facilities or on scaffolding.
- Line out: You will provide fireproof lining for industrial furnaces and waste incineration plants - with know-how and taking heat and fire protection precautions into account.
- Assemble: Your area of responsibility includes designing and installing lightning protection devices, as well as attaching chimney strips or head covers.
- Servicing: The perfect functioning of your buildings is vital - that's why you take on the maintenance, repair and renovation of chimneys and systems.
Your training content:
Your training as a furnace and chimney builder (m/f/d) prepares you for the challenges of your future professional life - and includes these topics:
- Order acceptance, service recording, work plan and process plan
- Setting up, securing and clearing construction sites
- Inspecting, storing and selecting construction materials and construction materials
- Reading and using drawings, making sketches
- Carrying out measurements
- Manufacture of chimneys and exhaust systems
- Manufacture of fireproof structures
- Installation of insulation materials for heat, cold, sound and fire protection
- Setting up lightning protection systems for external lightning protection
- Renovating, repairing and securing structures
- Quality assurance measures and reporting
- Organization of the training company, vocational training as well as labor and collective bargaining law
- Safety and health protection
- Environmental protection and sustainability
- Digitalized working world
Your career opportunities:
Training as a furnace and chimney fitter (m/f/d) is your first step towards gaining a foothold in the construction industry.
After completing your training, you can work with us as a journeyman - and specialize further through professional or business training.
If you want to go further professionally, you can acquire the master craftsman's certificate (Bachelor Professional) and work as a foreman in the bricklaying and concrete construction trades with us. You can also study with your master’s certificate in your pocket – even without a high school diploma. We would be happy to support you.
Du siehst: The construction trade offers interesting opportunities for your professional future!